Organizing Tips for Forgetful Moms
How to Find What You've Lost
By: Taylor_Blue on: Wed 16 of May, 2007 [15:07 UTC] (1549 reads)
You are probably searching for something in your house right now. You know you had it a second ago or you put it in a place where you would never forget. But of course, you forgot it. Here are some organizing tips for forgetful moms to help you find what you need when you need it.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
An easy way to find others things is assigning a different color to each member of your family. Some advantages are:
• When someone in the family needs their sheets changed you will find it easy to pick out the right ones.
• When you are cleaning up the bathroom floor and spot a towel you will know exactly whose it is.
• When you are hanging clothes straight from your dryer you can hang them directly on the colored hanger of the person they belong to.
• Having different colored laundry baskets for each member of your family is easy because you can fold their clothes and put them in their own colored basket.
If your cupboards are really full and you need to organize them, here’s how you can do it in a simple way:
• Put your spices in alphabetical order. You will be able to find the spice you need in no time.
• Store the gravy, sauce mix and soup packages in an empty shoe box. The packages will all be in one place instead of scattered all over the place.
• Keep a list of what is on each shelf and tack the list on the inside of the cupboard door.
If you are checking out library books often it can be a pain gathering them all up. Here are some hints to keeping track of them:
• Keep a special spot or a laundry basket where the books are kept. Make sure children they need to know when they are done reading them they put them back in that spot. This way you won’t have to hunt every where for them.
In your bathroom there are many way to make things simpler. Here are some hints:
• Put a spice rack on your bathroom wall to hold all your makeup things.
• Keep tub toys in a handy place with a mesh bag hanging from your tub faucet.
If you have a little girl and a lot of jewelry consider these options:
• Get and ice cube tray and put her earrings, small bracelets and necklaces in the compartments. The trays fit nicely into dressers.
• If your child wants her costume jewellery on display, you can use one of her old stuffed animals or dolls. Put the necklaces around the animal’s neck and put the bracelets on the animal’s wrist or ankles. It will keep the clutter off the floor and will let you use those old stuffed animals.