Things to do before Summer is Over
Do these things with your children before summer ends.
By: Taylor_Blue on: Sat 25 of Aug, 2007 [00:58 UTC] (2369 reads)
There is still plenty of things you can do!
- Eating outside. Set up a blanket in the yard or eat at your picnic table. The kids will think its fun. You don't need to do anything fancy just serve your usual supper outside.
- Make real mud pies. Get some play sand and aluminum pie plates. Get the kids to gather flowers and sticks. They can mix all the ingredients in the pie plate with a bit of water.
- A Day in the Life. Get your child a disposable camera and get your child to take pictures for one day. They can take pictures of anything they like. Just make sure you get the pictures developed soon so your child can display them while they think they are still funny.
- Get wet. Use a bucket full of wet sponges to throw at each other. Your kids will get a kick out of getting to throw things at their mom!
- Flatten some flowers. Choose some pretty flowers. Put them between some sheets of paper and then lay that paper between the pages of a big heavy book. Put more books on top to weigh it down. In a few weeks check back to the flowers and remember that summer day.
- Go a picken'! Everyone loves to pick things from a vine or a bush. Let your children pick some flowers from the basket or on your porch. If you have a garden let them pick your beans. If you are able to go to the U Pick places, you can pick you own strawberries or raspberries.
- Make jam. If you have berries make sure you have extra for freezer jam. You can find the simple directions on the Pectin boxes you buy. When the jam is done you will remember the day you made it.
- Get up early. Get everyone to get up early. Take a walk in the morning air and see how other people in the neighborhood start their day.
- Got outside and sleep there. Even if you are just outside and not in a campsite you child will still love it! Pitch the tent and move in.