One Pot Pepper Hash Recipe
A great way to get your family to eat more healthy vegetables!
By: totanaliz on: Wed 25 of Apr, 2007 [09:47 UTC] (1430 reads)
We all know that we should eat more vegetables, but it can be difficult to persuade your family to "eat their greens" if we serve vegetables solely as an unappetizing side dish. This One Pot Pepper Hash recipe is full of colour and flavour, and is extremely versatile. Just use any vegetables you have to hand.
Subscribe to Type-A Mom articles
These "one pot" recipes are ideal for busy moms, as they are quick to prepare and cook, and as the name suggests there is very little washing up! With a preparation time of only 10 minutes, and a cooking time of 30 minutes, this One Pot Pepper Hash recipe makes the ideal dish for supper after a long, hard day.
- 1lb 8oz approx of potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes cut into pieces. You can also remove the skin from the tomatoes if you prefer.
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced, or leave whole if button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper to season
- Cook the chunks of potato in a large, heavy bottomed pan in lightly salted boiling water. Cook for around 8 or 9 minutes until soft. Drain and reserve.Rinse and dry the pan.
- In the same pan, heat the oil to a medium heat, and then add the potatoes once more. Cook until brown all over, approx 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the red and yellow peppers, cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for a further 4 minutes until all the vegetables have softened.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, add the chopped fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a warm serving dish, garnish with chopped fresh herbs, and served with warm, crusty bread. Delicious!